We found an awesome beef jerky recipe our whole family enjoys.
The complete recipe is for 8 pounds of jerky. We mix the complete recipe and only use however much we need at the time.
We mix the dry and wet ingredients separate. This way we can keep them on hand and mix them next time.
This has made our beef jerky making process so much faster… resulting in more jerky!
Lindsey enjoying some Jerky!
- 4 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 4 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 2 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 1/2 Cups Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Liquid Smoke (Optional)
This recipe has a little kick to it because of the red pepper flakes but they are optional. We usually make some with and some without. That way the baby can have non-spicy jerky!
On to the Actual jerky making process:
- Get a bowl or large Ziploc bag and add your meat.
- Add equal parts of the dry and liquid mixtures.
- For 1 pound of beef we usually add about 1/2 a cup of each mix.
- Once you have all of this mixed together marinate for at least 6 hours. This step is very important.
- All you have to do now is place the jerky in your dehydrator and not eat it along the way!
- We let our jerky dehydrate for 4-6 hours depending on thickness.
Making jerky may seem like a daunting process but it really doesn’t have to be.
We make (in our opinions) awesome jerky with our simple $20 dehydrator.
You plug it in and it dehydrates… no settings, no timers just jerky.
Having an almost endless supply of beef jerky is great.
It’s just a wonderful snack to have around!
In case you were wondering, this is our dehydrator:
Ronco 5-Tray Electric Food Dehydrator
Thanks for reading guys!